Tamlaght O’Crilly Lower Marriages

Tamlaght O’Crilly Lower Marriages. A few marriage extracts.

DateNamesAgeConditionOccupationResidenceFather's NameFather's OccupationWitnesses  
30 Jul 1845James BoydFullBachelorShoemakerGlenoneJohn BoydLabourer_____
Esther FowlerMinorSpinsterNoneAhoghill_______________
15 Apr 1850Francis BoydFullWidowerFarmerGlenoneJohn BoydFarmerHenry Browne
Jane PriceFullSpinsterNoneGlenoneJames PricePensionerJames Price
10 Mar 1851James StewartFullBachelorFarmerGlenoneJames StewartFarmerRobert Proctor?
Elizabeth SloanFullSpinsterNoneGlenoneCharles SloanFarmerDavid Sloan
1 Jul 1858John GambleFullBachelorLabourerGlenoneFrank GambleLabourerWilliam West
Ellen BoydFullSpinsterNoneGlenoneJohn BoydFarmerJames Lyons
23 Aug 1860John BoydFullBachelorLabourerGlenoneJohn BoydFarmerWilliam John McClelland
Ellen Jane TillyFullSpinsterServantPortglenoneJames TillyOffice ClerkJane Menoimee?
7 Apr 1864Henry BoydfullBachelorShoemakerGlenoneJohn BoydFarmerWilliam French
Mary KeenanfullSpinsternoneGlenoneJames KeenanFarmerSamuel Preston
14 May 1891James RodgersFullBachelorServantGlenoneWilliam RodgersFarmerThomas Wilson
Martha BoydFullSpinsterNoneGlenoneJames BoydFarmerIsabella Campbell

Transcribed by Denver Boyd

Tamlaght O’Crilly Lower Church of Ireland

Tamlaght O'Crilly Lower Parish Church - Copy

St. Nossonus Parish Church (Church of Ireland), (also known as Tamlaght O’Crilly Lower) is located about a quarter mile outside the hamlet of Innishrush. It was described in the Ordnance Survey memoirs of 1830 as a ‘Chapel of Ease’ (and also calls it Tyanee Church) and that it was “a slated, rectangular building with four windows, three at the southern wall, one in the eastern. “  It describes the church as having a 3 storey belfry with Gothic pinnacles at the western end of the church, and had enough room inside for 192 people. In 1830 the date of the erection of the church was unknown!

Tamlaght O’Crilly Lower marriage extracts